It has been a…controversial Presidential campaign thus far this year. Things have been said. Bad things. Here is a list of the ten worst of those bad things.
Disclaimer – lots of Trump.
10. “If this deal is consummated, it will make the Obama administration the world’s leading financier of radical Islamic terrorism.” – Ted Cruz on the Iran Nuclear Deal
There’s being politically assertive, and then there’s going too far…and then there’s calling the President a terrorist.
9.“He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” – Donald Trump on John McCain who spent six years as a P.O.W
And I like people who actually fight in wars instead of sitting at home doing nothing.
8. Anderson Cooper: “Which enemy that you made during your political career are you most proud of?”
Jim Webb: “I’d have to say the enemy soldier that threw the grenade that wounded me, but he’s not around right now to talk to.” – Jim Webb during first Democratic debate
That might have been the coolest thing ever said during a Presidential debate had he not made this creepy smile immediately after.
7. “I never attacked him on his look, and believe me, there’s plenty of subject matter right there.” – Donald Trump on his fellow Republican Candidate Rand Paul during the first debate
Did Donald Trump just call Rand Paul ugly? Yep, I think he did.
6. “I would not just stand there and let him shoot me, I would say, ‘Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.” -Ben Carson on how he would handle a mass shooting situation
Tell me how that works out for you, Ben. I’m interested in hearing.
5. Megyn Kelly to Trump: “You’ve called women fat pigs, dogs, slobs, disgusting animals….”
Trump: “Only Rosie O’ Donnell” – Donald Trump during first Republican debate
At least he’s honest.
4. “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.” – Ben Carson on a hypothetical Muslim President
And I would not advocate that we put you in charge of this nation, but that’s just me.
3. Lincoln Chafee: “So any time someone is running to be our leader, and a world leader, which the American president is, credibility is an issue out there with the world. And we have repair work to be done. I think we need someone that has the best in ethical standards as our next president. That’s how I feel.” – Lincoln Chafee on Hillary Clinton’s credibility issues during first Democratic debate
Anderson Cooper: “Secretary Clinton, do you want to respond?”
Savage, Hillary. Absolute savagery.
2. “Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery.” – Ben Carson on ObamaCare
Really, Ben? Not World War II, 9/11, or Jim Crow Laws, but health care legislation?
- “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists…. And some, I assume, are good people.” – Donald Trump on Mexican immigrants
At least he said that last thing. That last thing makes it ok.